The Grand Cinema’s 2009 Tacoma Film Festival was “the best ever,” so said local film producers, audience members and volunteers who worked the event. A record number of movie-goers watched a record number of films, and now Click! Cable TV customers can watch 18 of them, too.
Click! Cable TV customers with a digital receiver can view films at their convenience on “Free Click! Local” video-on-demand, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
“This was our best film festival yet,” said Philip Cowan, The Grand Cinema’s executive director. “We host film festivals every year and they just keep getting better. Our partnership with Click! Cable TV helps promote this unique art form and expands filmmakers’ reach into a new venue.”
Top northwest movies from the festival available on demand include:
- “Otis v. Monster” – Features a hard-luck logger who attempts to capture big-foot in this clay-animated short that made its world premiere at the Tacoma Film Festival.
- “In Frame” – This comedy is considered experimental and explores the boundaries in filmmaking by using the on-screen frame as a physical barrier that traps the film’s characters.
- “Fanpire Story” – What do you get when you cross the Twilight series with a scene from the tireless classic, A Christmas Story? In this short comedy, five 8th grade girls discover the stark difference between fictional dreams and blunt reality.
- “Hart” – A fantastical tale of a shy high-school girl whose life is complicated by an emerging set of antlers, when a burning crush inspires her to risk everything.
- “Growing Awareness” – Regional farmers tell the story of the community-supported agriculture movement in the South Sound region of Washington State.
- “We’re thrilled to offer these films,” said Mitch Robinson, Click!’s marketing and business operations manager. “We appreciate The Grand Cinema and the filmmakers making them available to our customers so they can watch their favorites again or view some they may have missed.”
Tacoma Power’s Click! Network is one of the nation’s largest municipally owned telecommunications systems. Click! provides competitive residential and business services, including cable television, high-speed data, Internet and broadband services, in the cities of Tacoma, University Place, Fircrest, Lakewood, Fife and portions of unincorporated Pierce County. Visit www.clickcabletv.com or call (253) 502-8900 for more information.Print This Post