The UP Volunteer Center has a lot of great volunteer opportunities coming up. Take a look at the following events to see if anything interests you. To get involved, contact Julie Kerrigan (253-223-0039).
United for UP Coalition
Come participate in University Place’s Community Coalition to discuss needs within the city including hunger, homelessness, mentoring children, volunteering and more. November 19th from 11:30-1:00pm at UP Presbyterian Church Chapel. Please bring your own lunch and invite anyone else who might be interested in being a part of this coalition. We look forward to seeing you all there. Mission: We are a diverse group of dedicated people and organizations who collaborate to strengthen the well being of individuals and families in University Place.
Tree Lighting Decorators
- Thursday, December 3rd
- Volunteer Shifts 8:30am-11:30am, 11:30am-2:30pm, 2:30pm-5:30pm
- Celebrate the holiday season by helping to decorate UP City Hall for the annual UP Tree Lighting
Curran Apple Orchard Work Party
- Saturday December 12th 9:00-12:00pm
- Curran Apple Orchard 3940 Grandview West
- Come help pick up fallen branches and apples, rake leaves and pick up trash. Gloves/tools provided
Christmas Food Drive
- Saturday December 19th 10:00am-2:00pm
- UP Fish Food Bank 8101 27th W. (next to UP Presbyterian Church)
- On December 19th people are encouraged to place non-perishable food on their curbs for the Fish Food Bank. All the food will be collected by volunteers with volunteered vehicles and taken back to the Food Bank. We especially need trucks for food pick up. This is a great way to give back to your community and help those in need.
Operation Hands On Volunteers
Operation Hands On is a non-profit organization that provides emergency resources to impoverished families and individuals in crisis. Resources provided include toiletries, beds, clothes, furniture, etc. All items are donated from community groups and individuals. Volunteer Opportunities include: answering phones, folding clothes, computer input, donation pick up, sorting donations, grant writing, and fundraising. Hours are flexible and volunteers create their own schedules.
UP Fish Food Bank Volunteers
We are looking for volunteers to help in our food bank. We need volunteers to work on Tuesday 12:00 – 3:00 and Saturday 10:00 – 12:00 when the food bank is open. You will help our clients with their food selections during the holiday season.
Catholic Community Services Volunteer
Catholic Community Services-Volunteer Chore Services is seeking volunteers in the University Place area to help low-income seniors and people with disabilities in U.P. with housework, laundry, minor home repairs and yard care