The Lakewood City Council will meet (Monday, November 2 at 7 pm) in Council Chambers (6000 Main Street SW, Lakewood). Following is the agenda:
Call to Order
Reports by the City Manager
Proclamations and Presentations
1. Youth Council Report.
2. Clover Park School District Board Report.
3. Pierce County 2010 Amateur Golf Tournament lodging tax grant presentation. – Mr. Randall H. Harrison, Pierce County Special Assistant to the Executive/Special Projects and Mr. Brian Simpson, Kemper Sport Consultant
4. Update on United Way’s 5 Fundamentals Early Learning Program. – Ms. Kelly Phanco, Executive Director, First 5 Fundamentals of Pierce County
C O N S E N T A G E N D A
( 1) A. Approval of the minutes of the City Council Budget Workshop of October 14, 2009.
( 5) B. Approval of the minutes of the City Council meeting of October 19, 2009.
( 9) C. Approval of the minutes of the City Council Budget Workshops of October 19, 2009.
(14) D. Approval of payroll check numbers 207, 111659 to 111682 and direct deposit check numbers 36818 to 37073, in the amount of $882,333.49, for the period October 1-15, 2009.
(23) E. Approval of claim voucher numbers 53505 to 53611, in the amount of $523,669.32, for the period ending October 22, 2009.
(35) F. Approval of claim voucher numbers 53612 to 53717, 900177, and 5163082, in the amount of $178,780.90, for the period ending October 29, 2009.
(45) G. Items Filed in the Office of the City Clerk:
1. Parks and Recreation Advisory Board meeting minutes of September 22, 2009.
2. Lakewood Community Collaboration All Partners meeting minutes of October 14, 2009.
(50) H. Resolution No. 2009-20
Setting Monday, December 7, 2009, at approximately 7:00 p.m., as the date for a public hearing by the City Council on the abatement of dangerous buildings and public nuisances located at 8604 Dalton Drive SW.
(53) I. Resolution No. 2009-21
Setting Monday, December 7, 2009, at approximately 7:00 p.m., as the date for a public hearing by the City Council on the abatement of dangerous buildings and public nuisances located at 12018 Alameda Avenue SW.
R E G U L A R A G E N D A
Public Hearings and Appeals
(56) This is the date set for a public hearing by the City Council on the proposed 2009 budget and mill levy rate.
(57) Motion No. 2009-57
Awarding a bid to Woodworth & Co., Inc., in the amount of $3,453,374.90, relative to the construction of Pacific Highway SW from Gravelly Lake Drive SW to Bridgeport Way SW (e1121). – Public Works Director
(70) Motion No. 2009-58
Authorizing the execution of an interlocal agreement with Pierce County and the cities of Dupont, Fife, Gig Harbor, Puyallup, Sumner, and Tacoma for the establishment of the Pierce County Tourism Promotion Area. – Economic Development Manager
(103) Motion No. 2009-59
Authorizing the City Manager to execute a Memorandum of Understanding with Pierce County, in the amount of $200,752, relative to a Washington State Department of Commerce grant to fund two Gang Unit commissioned officers from July 1, 2009 to June 30, 2010. – Police Chief
Briefing by the City Manager
City Council Comments
If you are looking for the city’s up-to-date weekly meeting schedule, click here.Print This Post