On Nov. 11 Washington State celebrates a dual holiday—both the 90th anniversary of the first Armistice Day—signaling the formal end of World War I. It’s also the date on which, in 1889, this part of the Northwest Territory became the 42nd state in the Union. Two good reasons to celebrate.
Steilacoom Historical School District No. 1 students will mark the occasion by hosting open-to-the-public school programs, with veterans, guest speakers, special music and readings. While SHSD schools will be closed on Nov. 11, below is a list of Veterans Day happenings prior to that date.
- Saltar’s Point Nov. 6 9:00 a.m.
- Cherrydale Primary Nov. 6 2:45 p.m.
- Chloe Clark Nov. 10 2:45 p.m.
- Anderson Island Nov. 10 2:00 p.m.
- Harriet Taylor Nov. 10 Noon
- Pioneer Middle Nov. 10 1:30 p.m.
- Steilacoom High Nov. 10 8:15 a.m