The Lakewood City Council will meet (Monday, October 19 at 7 pm) in Council Chambers (6000 Main Street SW, Lakewood). Following is the agenda:
Call to Order
Reports by the City Manager
Proclamations and Presentations
1. Proclamation declaring October 2009 as Domestic Violence Awareness Month and a Presentation on Domestic Violence Awareness. – Ms. Ann-Marie Evans, Victim Advocate, City of Lakewood
2. Proclamation declaring October 24, 2009 as Make A Difference Day and the month of October as Make A Difference Month. – Ms. Helen McGovern, Executive Director, Emergency Food Network; Ms. Laurel Lemke, Graves Concerns Chairperson; Ms. Doris Johnson, Co-Chairperson, Friends of Fort Steilacoom Park & Nature; Mr. Roger Laybourn, Chairperson, Parks & Recreation Advisory Board; Ms. Diane Formoso, Executive Director, Caring for Kids; Ms. Hallie McCurdy, Assistant Fire Marshal, Lakewood Fire Department and Mr. Ashok Chandwaney, Youth Council Member
C O N S E N T A G E N D A
( 1) A. Approval of the minutes of the City Council Study Session of September 28, 2009.
( 7) B. Approval of the minutes of the City Council meeting of October 5, 2009.
(12) C. Approval of the minutes of the City Council Budget Workshops of October 5 and 12, 2009.
(18) D. Approval of payroll check number 206, 111620 to 111650 and direct deposit check numbers 36560 to 36817, in the amount of $1,197,346.10, for the period September 16-30, 2009.
(28) E. Approval of claim voucher numbers 53337 to 53413, in the amount of $822,975.23, for the period ending October 8, 2009.
(38) F. Approval of claim voucher numbers 53414 to 53504, in the amount of $1,763,429.04, for the period ending October 15, 2009.
(49) G. Items Filed in the Office of the City Clerk:
1. Lakewood Community Collaboration All Partners meeting minutes of September 9, 2009.
2. Public Safety Advisory Committee meeting minutes of September 9, 2009.
3. Lakewood Arts Commission meeting minutes of September 14, 2009.
(65) H. Motion No. 2009-54
Setting Monday, November 2, 2009, at approximately 7:00 p.m., as the date for a public hearing by the City Council on the proposed 2010 budget and mill levy rate.
R E G U L A R A G E N D A
(66) Motion No. 2009-55
Appointing Thomas Ballard, Christopher Webber and Levi Wilhelmsen to serve on the Citizens Transportation Advisory Committee through November 5, 2012, and reappointing John Paul Wagemann to fill an unexpired term through November 5, 2011. – Mayor
(89) Motion No. 2009-56
Reappointing Betsy Buck, Chris Finnigan, Kathleen McGoldrick and Phillip Raschke to serve on the Lakewood Arts Commission through October 15, 2012, and appointing Robert Musser to fill an unexpired term through October 15, 2011. – Mayor
Briefing by the City Manager
City Council Comments
LAKEWOOD CITY COUNCIL BUDGET WORKSHOP AGENDA
Following the City Council Regular Meeting
Items for Discussion:
1. Review of the Proposed City of Lakewood 2010 Budget.
If you are looking for the city’s up-to-date weekly meeting schedule, click here.