Lakewood, Wash. – At approximately 6:15 p.m. on Monday evening, the Lakewood Fire Department responded to a residential fire at 10112 Filbert Street SW. Crews arrived to find a heavy smoke coming from an attached garage. The occupants of the house were safely outside. The fire started on the exterior of the home due to improperly disposed smoking materials. Damages are estimated at $50,000.
The Lakewood Fire Department would like to remind residents to properly dispose of smoking materials and do not leave lit cigarettes unattended. If there is a fire in your home, remember your fire escape plan and once you are outside, do not re-enter the building for any reason.Print This Post