OLYMPIA — The state Department of Social and Health Services has stopped admissions to Montevista Adult Homecare, LLC, a privately operated adult family home, located at 6522 Ardmore Drive SW, Lakewood.
The adult family home is licensed to Cristina Soson. The license number is 751031.
The state took the action after finding numerous violations that jeopardized safety and well-being of residents. The violations include but are not limited to:
- The home failed to ensure that a staff person used infection control measures when caring for a resident with a contagious infection. Other residents and caregivers were vulnerable to contracting the infection.
- The home did not ensure a comprehensive assessment was completed for a resident, who may not have received necessary care and services.
- The home failed to ensure that a system was in place to appropriately and correctly administer medications for two residents.
- The home did not ensure that the use of side rails for two residents was properly assessed and that the residents were given information about the safety risk of using side rails. This placed the residents at risk of injury.
- The home did not ensure fire drills were done every two months.
While the home is in stop placement, licensee may not admit residents.
The provider has the right to contest the stop placement by requesting an administrative hearing within 28 days of state notification. Current residents may stay in the home. If a resident chooses to remain, DSHS will continue to monitor the home for resident safety.