The Lakewood City Council will meet Tuesday, September 8 at 7 pm in Council Chambers (6000 Main Street SW, Lakewood). Following is the agenda:
Call to Order
Reports by the City Manager
Proclamations and Presentations
1. Proclamation declaring September 2009 as National Drug and Alcohol Recovery Month. – Mr. Doug Swanberg, Vice President, Metropolitan Development Council and Ms. Kim Dodds, Human Services Coordinator, City of Lakewood
2. Proclamation declaring September 17-23, 2009 as National Constitution Week. – Mrs. Holly Ann Muller, Constitution Week Chair, Daughters of the American Revolution, Mary Ball Chapter
3. Proclamation declaring September 11, 2009 as Patriot Day. – Police Chief Bret Farrar, City of Lakewood; Chief Ken Sharp, Lakewood Fire Department; and Major Brian Lionberger, Rear Detachment Commander, 4-2 Stryker Brigade
4. Clover Park School District Board Report.
5. Crime Statistics Update.
Lakewood City Council Agenda -2- September 8, 2009
C O N S E N T A G E N D A
( 1) A. Approval of the minutes of the City Council meeting of August 17, 2009.
( 6) B. Approval of the minutes of the joint City Council and Port of Tacoma Commissioners Study Session of August 24, 2009.
(10) C. Approval of payroll check numbers 203, 111512 to 111550, and direct deposit check numbers 35792 to 36048, in the amount of $866,987.07, for the period August 1-15, 2009.
(20) D. Approval of payroll check numbers 204, 111551 to 111588, and direct deposit check numbers 36049 to 36302, in the amount of $1,129,923.54, for the period August 16-31, 2009.
(30) E. Approval of claim voucher numbers 52672 to 52774, in the amount of $421,047.71, for the period ending August 20, 2009.
(41) F. Approval of claim voucher numbers 10896, 52775 to 52881, in the amount of $1,506,210.80, for the period ending August 27, 2009.
(53) G. Approval of claim voucher numbers 52882 to 52983, in the amount of $240,553.28, for the period ending September 3, 2009.
(63) H. Item Filed in the Office of the City Clerk:
1. Planning Advisory Board meeting minutes of July 29, 2009.
R E G U L A R A G E N D A
(66) Motion No. 2009-40
Appointing Cameron Boyd, Ashok Chandwaney, Grace Choi, Andy Dunlap, Tiara Harris, Jasmine Hart, Harmony Johnson, Celina Kim, Jasmine Lopez, Yumi Saclolo, Joe Simpson, Chanel Washington, and Cynthia Wu to the Youth Council for the school year 2009-2010. – Mayor
Lakewood City Council Agenda -3- September 8, 2009
(83) Motion No. 2009-41
Appointing Sam Lindstrom, Robert Pourpasand and Edith Owen Wallace to serve on the Community Development Block Grant Citizens Advisory Board for a three-year term through September 20, 2012. – Mayor
(94) Motion No. 2009-42
Appointing Alan Billlingsley, Vito Iacobazzi and Tanja Scott to serve on the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board for a three-year term through September 19, 2012. – Mayor
(103) Motion No. 2009-43
Authorizing the City Manager to execute an agreement with the State of Washington Department of Social and Health Services, in the amount of $462,000, to provide a community policing program at Western State Hospital from July 1, 2009 through June 30, 2011. – Police Chief
(114) Motion No. 2009-44
Authorizing the execution of an amendment to the agreement with Redflex Traffic Systems, Inc., to continue the photo enforcement program for five years. – Police Chief
(123) Motion No. 2009-45
Authorizing the City Manager to execute a Justice Assistance Grant agreement with the Department of Justice, in the amount of $82,499, for purchasing a judgment training simulator from Advanced Interactive Systems, a sole source provider, for training of commissioned officers. – Police Chief
Briefing by the City Manager
Lakewood City Council Agenda -4- September 8, 2009
City Council Comments
If you are looking for the city’s up-to-date weekly meeting schedule, click here.Print This Post