The City of Lakewood is accepting applications to fill one (1) vacancy on the Human Services Funding Advisory Board.
DESCRIPTION: The role and responsibilities of the Human Services Funding Advisory Board are to:
- Conduct public hearings regarding allocations of human services funds and programs and making recommendations for funding;
- Ensure the fairest distribution and most effective use of its human services resources are consistent with adopted priorities and criteria;
- Encourage partnerships in the funding and provision of human services.
- Request periodic strengths and needs assessments and program outcome evaluations to determine the direction of human services; and
- Integrate human services policy into overall City policy development
QUALIFICATIONS: Members shall be residents of the City unless the Council finds that appointment of a non-resident, by virtue of business involvement or expertise, will benefit the Committee and ultimately the City.
MEMBERSHIP: Members are appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by the City Council.
TERMS OF OFFICE: 1 unexpired position through July 31, 2010
MEETING DATES: Meetings are held in the Summer–Fall and generally in the evening hours. Two to three of the meetings are all-day meetings during the work week. An estimated 40 hours outside of meeting times is spent reviewing and rating applications.
Human Services Funding Advisory Board
ATTENDANCE: Individuals appointed are expected to attend meetings regularly. The Council expects to be informed in the event any Committee, Board or Commission member has three unexcused absences. The Council, may in the event of three unexcused absences, dismiss the individual from service.
EXPECTATIONS: Adhere to City of Lakewood’s Code of Ethics, mutual respect among members, good listener, and flexible.
APPLICATIONS: Applications are available at:
Lakewood City Hall
City Clerk’s Office
6000 Main Street SW
Lakewood, WA 98499
DEADLINE: 5:00 pm. Tuesday, September 8, 2009