Pierce County Library Foundation Board recently elected new officers to direct the volunteer board’s support of library services for Pierce County Library System.
New officers for 2009-10 include:
- Lisa Korsmo, president, Lakewood
- Dr. MaryAnn Woodruff, vice president, University Place
- John Sloan, treasurer, Gig Harbor
- Donna Losch, secretary, Puyallup
- Doug Whitton, member-at-large, Puyallup
- Jackie Zils, past president, Puyallup
New directors to the board include:
- Amelia Benetiz, vice president, Sterling Bank, Graham
- Jay Brower, community connections director, Bethel School District, Graham
- Rosemarie Clemente, community liaison, Lake Tapps
- Caireen Gordon, bookkeeper, Rainier Christian, Tacoma
- Michael Gordon, vice president, KeyBank, Tacoma
- Stacy A. Grabar, call center manager, Rainier Pacific Bank, University Place
- Young Kim, retired university professor, Gig Harbor
- Donna Losch, Employee Benefits Consultant, Brown & Brown of WA
- Matt Losch, associate broker, RE2K.com Realty, Puyallup
The Pierce County Library Foundation Board of Directors seeks to expand and enhance library services beyond the scope of the Library’s tax-based funding to reach un-served and underserved communities in the county. The Foundation raises funds for the Library’s early learning program, outreach services for people who are unable to visit a library, and the summer reading program, which serves thousands of kids and teenagers throughout the county.
In the past year, individuals and organizations gave more than $230,000, of which the Foundation has designated $207,000 to expand and enhance the Library’s literacy and outreach services.
Pierce County Library System serves 534,000 people in unincorporated Pierce County and 14 cities and towns.
Contact: Mary Getchell, Communications Director
253-536-6500, ext. 136, cell phone: 253-722-6095
Learn more about Foundation @ www.piercecountylibrary.org/about-us/foundation/
Editors Note: Please see attached photo of Lisa Korsmo, Foundation president.
Pierce County Library System
253-536-6500, ext. 136; 253-722-6095 (mobile)
1768K View Download