The Lakewood City Council will meet (Monday, August 10 at 7 pm) in Council Chambers (6000 Main Street SW, Lakewood). Following is the agenda:
Item for Discussion:
( 1) 1. Joint meeting with the Lodging Tax Advisory Committee.
Briefing by the City Manager
Items Tentatively Scheduled for the August 17, 2009 Regular City Council Meeting:
1. Proclamation declaring September 4-11, 2009 as National Payroll Week. – Ms. Kristy Basinger, Payroll Accounting Technician; Ms. Janelle Sorrell and Mr. Eric Lowell, Finance Analysts, City of Lakewood
2. Gang Unit Update and Crime Statistics Report. – Assistant Police Chief Mike Zaro, Lakewood Police Department
3. Abatement Update. – Mr. David Bugher, Assistant City Manager for Development
4. Authorizing the City Manager to execute a grant agreement with the Washington State Department of Ecology, in the amount of $100,000, relative to the Comprehensive Shoreline Master Program. – (Motion – Regular Agenda)
5. Authorizing the City Manager to execute a grant agreement with the U.S. Department of Justice Office of Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS), in the amount of $784,504, relative to the COPS Hiring Recovery Program grant. – Police Chief
City Council Comments
If you are looking for the city’s up-to-date weekly meeting schedule, click here.