Eleven Clover Park School District teachers completed a 200-hour Math Endorsement Academy through a partnership with Seattle University. Teachers met weekly to study secondary math concepts like algebra, geometry, trigonometry and calculus, along with best practices in teaching math—all taught by district math teachers.
Academy participants will take the WEST-E, a state assessment, this summer to earn teaching endorsements in secondary math.
Math Endorsement Academy participants:
- Chhrong Flores, Tyee Park Elementary School
- Theresa Gumpert, Lakes High School
- Robin Harrell, Lakes High School
- Tracy Hudson, Hudtloff Middle School
- Nanette Jimenez, Lakes High School
- Shawn Poetl, Alternatives for Individuals High School
- Zo Rogers, Clover Park High School
- Kimberly Russell, Tyee Park Elementary School
- Dennis Selberg, Oakbrook Elementary School
- Kristel Ward, Clover Park High School
- Katrina Weihs, Lakes High School