The Lakewood City Council will meet (Monday, July 6 at 7 pm) in Council Chambers (6000 Main Street SW, Lakewood). Following is the agenda:
Call to Order
Reports by the City Manager
Proclamations and Presentations
1. Proclamation declaring July 2009 as Parks and Recreation Month. – Mr. Roger Laybourn, Chair, Parks and Recreation Advisory Board
2. Proclamation declaring the City of Lakewood as a 2010 Census Partner. – Ms. Susan Ross, Assistant Manager of Recruiting for the Local Census Office, U.S. Census Bureau
3. Presentation on tourism promotion area. – Ms. Aimee Tylor, Chair, Pierce County Lodging Association
4. Clover Park School District Board Report.
C O N S E N T A G E N D A
( 1) A. Approval of the minutes of the City Council meeting of June 15, 2009.
( 5) B. Approval of the minutes of the City Council Study Session of June 22, 2009.
( 9) C. Approval of payroll check numbers 199, 111365 to 111395, and direct deposit check numbers 34766 to 35018, in the amount of $879,714.31, for the period June 1-15, 2009.
(20) D. Approval of payroll check numbers 200, 111396 to 111426, and direct deposit check numbers 35019 to 35274, in the amount of $1,204,322.06, for the period June 16-30, 2009.
(30) E. Approval of claim voucher numbers 51805 to 51907, in the amount of $646,746.29, for the period ending June 18, 2009.
(42) F. Approval of claim voucher numbers 51908 to 52036 and 900172, in the amount of $750,919.39, for the period ending June 25, 2009.
(55) G. Items Filed in the Office of the City Clerk:
1. Lakewood Sister Cities Association General Membership meeting minutes of March 19 and April 16, 2009.
2. Planning Advisory Board meeting minutes of May 6, 2009.
3. Parks and Recreation Advisory Board meeting minutes of May 26, 2009.
4. Citizens Transportation Advisory Committee meeting minutes of June 9, 2009.
5. Lakewood Community Collaboration All Partners meeting minutes of June 10, 2009.
(76) H. Resolution No. 2009-16
Setting Monday, July 20, 2009, at approximately 7:00 p.m., as the date for a public hearing by the City Council on the Six-Year (2010-2015) Comprehensive Transportation Improvement Program.
(78) I. Resolution No. 2009-17
Setting Monday, July 20, 2009, at approximately 7:00 p.m., as the date for a public hearing by the City Council to extend the interim zoning controls moratorium upon eating and drinking establishments, greater than 10,000 square feet of interior space within the Neighborhood Commercial and Central Business zoning districts for an additional six months.
R E G U L A R A G E N D A
Public Hearings and Appeals
(81) This is the date set for a public hearing by the City Council to extend the interim zoning controls moratorium for the Tillicum neighborhood for an additional six months.
(86) Ordinance No. 493
Creating Chapter 5.18 of the Lakewood Municipal Code relative to the prohibition of new social card games and vested rights for existing establishments. – City Attorney
(91) Motion No. 2009-27 (Tabled from the meeting of June 1, 2009) –
Adopting the vision and mission statements for the City of Lakewood. – Mayor
(93) Motion No. 2009-30
Confirming the Council’s 2010 human services funding priorities and program policies; and approving the 2009 supplemental funding for human services programs. – General Services Director/City Clerk
(108) Discussion of Council Study Session with the Lakewood Arts Commission.
Briefing by the City Manager
City Council Comments
If you are looking for the city’s up-to-date weekly meeting schedule, click here.