Lakewood Fire District 2 would like to remind you to celebrate safely this holiday weekend. With dry weather conditions, even small fireworks can start fires. Please take into consideration these tips while celebrating this year:
- Always read and follow label directions.
- Have an adult supervise all fireworks activities.
- Avoid sparklers! They can catch clothing on fire.
- Ignite outdoors, away from buildings and vehicles.
- Keep a bucket of water handy.
- Light fireworks one at a time.
- Never re-ignite malfunctioning fireworks.
- Never throw fireworks at another person.
- Never shoot fireworks in metal or glass containers.
- Eye protection should always be worn by the fireworks shooter.
- No part of the shooter’s body should be over the fireworks.
- Know where the closest phone is located, or carry a cell phone, in case a fire occurs and the fire department is needed.
Please remember the warm, dry weather is upon us and to celebrate safely this holiday weekend. Lakewood Fire District 2 also encourages everyone to view a public fireworks display, instead of using fireworks in these conditions.Print This Post