The Lakewood City Council will meet (Monday, June 22 at 7 pm) in Council Chambers (6000 Main Street SW, Lakewood). Following is the study session agenda:
Item for Discussion:
(1) 1. Joint meeting with the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board.
(3) 2. Continuation of the City’s vision and mission statements alternatives. – (Memorandum)
(4) 3. Gambling regulation options. – (Memorandum)
(7) 4. Review of human services funding matters.
Briefing by the City Manager
Items Tentatively Scheduled for the July 6, 2009 Regular City Council Meeting:
1. Proclamation declaring July 2009 as Parks and Recreation Month. – Mr. Roger Laybourn, Chair, Parks and Recreation Advisory Board
2. Proclamation declaring the City of Lakewood as a 2010 Census Partner. – – Ms. Lilah Gael, Partnership Specialist, U.S. Census Bureau, Seattle Region
3. Presentation on tourism promotion area. – Ms. Aimee Tylor, Chair, Pierce County Lodging Association.
City Council Study Session Agenda -2- June 22, 2009
4. Setting Monday, July 20, 2009, at approximately 7:00 p.m., as the date for a public hearing by the City Council on the Six-Year (2010-2015) Comprehensive Transportation Improvement Program. – (Resolution – Consent Agenda)
5. This is the date set for a public hearing by the City Council to extend the interim zoning controls moratorium for the Tillicum neighborhood for an additional six months.
6. Appointing an individual to serve on the Citizens Transportation Advisory Committee. – (Motion – Regular Agenda)
City Council Comments
If you are looking for the city’s up-to-date weekly meeting schedule, click here.