Forza’s Coffee in DuPont will host an Open Mike Night on Friday, June 12. Sign-ups start, night of, at 5:30 pm and in person.
Anyone brave enough to face a crowd is welcome to sign up. All styles of music and skill level are welcome! (everyone needs to start somewhere). We’ll try to kick things off around 6PM (patience–remember this is our first open mike:) and performances are limited to 2 songs and or up to 10 minutes (at the discretion of host). Host supplies the microphones (3) and guitar/instrument 1/4″ cords (3), and hand percussion (cajon, djembe, bongas, shaker, and tamborine on hand) you just need to bring your instruments (No Amps. Hand percussion only. Instrument plugin to PA)
Other open mike rules to keep in mind are:
- Be in tune: To insure efficiency please tune your instrument before your turn on stage. If you decide to play “the tuning song” upon reaching the stage it will be counted as your first song. Retuning between songs, however, is perfectly acceptable. (Just be quick about it.) The management thanks you for that consideration.
- You will be limited to 2 songs or up to 10 minutes at the microphone. If there is time left over after everyone’s been through you can sign up to do more songs!
- Please be ready when your time comes around–Listen for your name.
- Keep it Simple: The more gear you have to pack up on stage, the longer it takes to plug it in and sound check it all. You need to be set up and performing your first song in under a minute, if you cannot set up that quickly you forfeit your second song. Throw down, plug in, and go. It’s an open mic; we’re all here to have fun.
- This first open mike is a community experience that is built around mutual encouragement and support. Stay and listen to what other people are doing. Showing up only for your own set and then leaving the open mic once you’ve played is considered to be extremely tacky:)
- This may be a first time performance for some participants so please be supportive!!!
- In the interest of all attending please keep your songs/comedy/spoken word “clean”, that is, avoid songs / themes that are not “family friendly”
Looking forward to meeting you and hearing you!!!! Remember patience:) as this is our first open mike:)!!! We’re planning on our Open Mike Night as a very loose and easy going experience so make sure to bring a light spirit and all of your thirsty friends!Print This Post