The Lakewood City Council will meet (Monday, June 1 at 7 pm) in Council Chambers (6000 Main Street SW, Lakewood). Following is the agenda:
Call to Order
Reports by the City Manager
Proclamations and Presentations
1. Youth Council Report.
2. Clover Park School District Board Report.
3. Recognizing the 2008-2009 Youth Council members for their service. – Kevin Bess, Ylisse Bess, Emily Boline, Cameron Boyd, Jordan Dacres, Brian Hoffmeister, Kaitlyn Kessel, Celina Kim, Jennifer Kim, Leah Kollin, Sarah McKeown, Esther Oh and Tammy Park
4. Proclamation declaring June 5-6, 2009 as Lakewood Relay for Life Weekend. – Ms. Michelle Britt and Ms. Cara Taylor, Event Co-Chairs, Lakewood Relay for Life
5. Legislative Session Overview. – Senator Mike Carrell, 28th Legislative District
C O N S E N T A G E N D A
( 1) A. Approval of the minutes of the City Council meeting of May 18, 2009.
( 6) B. Approval of the minutes of the City Council Study Session of May 26, 2009.
(10) C. Approval of payroll check numbers 197, 111309 to 111334, and direct deposit check numbers 34262 to 34512, in the amount of $846,165.60, for the period May 1-15, 2009.
(19) D. Approval of claim voucher numbers 51412 to 51502, 900167 and 900168, in the amount of $501,269.01, for the period ending May 22, 2009.
(30) E. Approval of claim voucher numbers 51503 to 51594, in the amount of $404,832.28, for the period ending May 28, 2009.
(40) F. Items Filed in the Office of the City Clerk:
1. Human Services Funding Advisory Board meeting minutes of December 2, 2008.
2. Parks and Recreation Advisory Board meeting minutes of April 21, 2009.
3. Planning Advisory Board meeting minutes of March 4, 2009.
4. Redevelopment Advisory Board meeting minutes of May 12, 2009.
5. Lakewood Community Collaboration All Partners meeting minutes of May 13, 2009.
R E G U L A R A G E N D A
Public Hearings and Appeals
(56) This is the date set for a public hearing by the City Council relative to the abatement of dangerous buildings and public nuisances located at 9908 Meadow Road SW (Theresa Biss).
(74) Motion No. 2009-23 (Tabled from the May 18, 2009 Council Meeting)
Confirming the appointment of Barbara Vest to the Lakewood Arts Commission through October 15, 2010. – Mayor
(83) Motion No. 2009-26
Confirming the reappointments of Robert Arndt and Dan Durr to serve on the Redevelopment Advisory Board through May 23, 2012. – Mayor
(95) Ordinance No. 492
Creating Chapter 1.42 of the Lakewood Municipal Code relative to e-verify. – City Attorney
(101) Motion No. 2009-27
Adopting the vision and mission statements for the City of Lakewood. – Community Relations Director
(103) Motion No. 2009-28
Authorizing the hiring of two temporary project construction inspectors and the purchase of two vehicles for the Tillicum sewer project. – Public Works Director
(106) Discussion of Council Study Session with the Human Services Funding Advisory Board
Briefing by the City Manager
City Council Comments
If you are looking for the city’s up-to-date weekly meeting schedule, click here.