The Lakewood City Council will meet Tuesday, May 26 at 7 pm in Council Chambers (6000 Main Street SW, Lakewood). Following is the agenda:
Item for Discussion:
( 1) 1. Council Visioning. – (Memorandum)
Briefing by the City Manager
Items Tentatively Scheduled for the June 1, 2009 Regular City Council Meeting:
- Recognizing the 2008-2009 Youth Council members for their service. – Kevin Bess, Ylisse Bess, Emily Boline, Cameron Boyd, Jordan Dacres, Brian Hoffmeister, Kaitlyn Kessel, Celina Kim, Jennifer Kim, Leah Kollin, Sarah McKeown, Esther Oh and Tammy Park
- Proclamation declaring June 5-6, 2009 as Lakewood Relay for Life Weekend. – Ms. Cara Taylor, Event Co-Chair, Lakewood Relay for Life
- This is the date set for a public hearing by the City Council relative to the abatement of dangerous buildings and public nuisances located at 9908 Meadow Road SW (Theresa Biss).
- Confirming the appointments of Robert Arndt and Dan Durr to serve on the Redevelopment Advisory Board. – (Motion – Consent Agenda)
- Confirming the appointment of Barbara Vest to the Lakewood Arts Commission. – (Tabled from the May 18, 2009 Council Meeting) – (Motion – Regular Agenda)
- Creating a Chapter of the Lakewood Municipal Code relative to the e-verify system. – (Ordinance – Regular Agenda)
City Council Comments
If you are looking for the city’s up-to-date weekly meeting schedule, click here.