Come and find out how easy it is to start your own garden. Plant now and eat the fruit or veggies of your labors soon.
Learn how to do it by:
- Choosing the right spot
- Finding out how to amend your soil…if it needs it
- Choosing the right plants
- Finding out how easy it is and how much fun it is
- Learning what to do and when to do it
- Learning the health benefits of doing your own growing
- Learning how to make a hanging veggie garden for those of you with little space
- Learning one of the great interests in gardening, square foot gardening (Learn how to feed a family of four with a ten by ten foot space of land)
A presentation will take place on Saturday, May 23, 2009 from 11:30 to 1:30 PM in the Atrium Lobby of Renewed Life Training Institute, located at 10209 Bridgeport Way SW, Lakewood, WA 9849.
There will be free refreshments, free seeds and much more. RSVP to Marie (253-224-2176 – adults only) to help ensure the correct amount of supplies are available.
This program is put on by Master Gardeners of Pierce County and is free to those in attendance!