FORT LEWIS, Wash – Fort Lewis will conduct Military Retiree Appreciation Day events on Friday, May 15, from 6:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the American Lake Community Club on North Fort Lewis.
During the event, which draws about 1000 attendees each year, military retirees will receive updates on health care and the status of today’s Army.
Various military staff agencies and veterans groups will also provide information on the services they provide for the retiree and their families. Retirees from all military services are welcome to attend.
Military Retiree Appreciation Day activities include:
- A Madigan Army Medical Center mini-clinic, which will conduct diagnostic tests on site, from 6:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. No appointments are
necessary, but patients should fast for 12-hours before having blood drawn.
- A Retiree Information Fair will be held from 7:30 p.m. to 1 p.m. Booths representing state and federal, and non-profit agencies will be staffed by employees and other individuals knowledgeable about benefits and services their organization has available for military retirees.
- The Fort Lewis Staff Judge Advocate’s office will staff a legal advice center at the fair, from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., to assist with wills, special general and medical powers of attorney, and answers to legal questions.
- Maj. Gen. Patricia Horoho, Madigan Army Medical Center Commander, will be the guest speaker for this year’s event. She will be introduced by Maj. Gen. (retired) Eugene L. Daniel, Fort Lewis Retiree Council chairman, at 12:30 p.m.
- Complimentary refreshments (fruit, pastry, coffee, and juice) will be offered throughout the day, from 7:30 a.m. to noon. There will also be a
no-host breakfast served from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., and a no-host luncheon from 11:30 p.m. to 12:30 p.m., with dinner music provided a pianist from the 56th Army Band.