The American School Board Journal is including Clover Park School District’s Board of Directors’ priorities in their new Magna Best Practices Database. The board priorities were one of only 85 high-scoring programs selected from the more than 340 nominations.
- Student Achievement—We intend to aggressively improve rigor of courses and student achievement in all tested areas. We are re–defining management strategies and addressing technology improvements to help our students become more fully technologically and academically literate.
- Secondary Schools—At the secondary level we will: decrease the drop out rate; increase the graduation rate; increase the number of students staying on campus in their junior and senior year; decrease the number of waivers; and decrease absenteeism.
- Community Engagement—We will increase community involvement by utilizing a volunteer coordinator, building bridges between the schools and military and improving customer service at the district and in schools.
- Student Conduct—Consistent practices will be enforced throughout the district to promote a positive learning environment. Our dress code will be strictly followed. Respectful, courteous behavior will be the standard.
- Communication/Public Relations—We will improve community perception by delivering current and accurate information in a timely manner, internally and externally.
The Magna Best Practices Database provides the education world with a valuable resource for innovative best practices, proven and practical solutions for big and small district problems, and new ideas.