The Steilacoom Historical School District will hold a regular meeting of the Board of Directors on Wednesday, April 8, 2009 at 7:00 p.m. at Saltar’s Point Elementary School 908 Third Street in Steilacoom.
Members of the audience wishing to comment on specific items on this agenda will be allowed to comment briefly during the Comments From the Audience portion of the agenda. Those wishing to speak will please sign the Speaker List in order to be recognized by the Board. Please limit your comments to three (3) minutes. The Board will not entertain comments during any other part of the meeting. Remarks of a negative nature singling out specific employees, other than the Board or Superintendent, will be heard in executive session following the business meeting. The Board reserves the right to terminate presentations containing personal attacks on individuals.
STUDY SESSION: The School Board normally convenes at 6:30 PM, just prior to the start of the formal Board Meeting, to discuss the Board Agenda and to have a brief dinner. No decision-making is undertaken nor debate about agenda items. These study sessions are open to the Public; however, food is not provided for the general public.
I. CALL TO ORDER
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda
II. CONSENT AGENDA
The purpose of the consent agenda is to reduce time going through motion, second and voting on issues of common consent. Any Board member can ask for any item to be removed from the consent agenda. There is no discussion of items on the consent agenda. By motion of the Board, remaining items are approved without discussion as part of the consent agenda. Discussion of items removed from the consent agenda occurs immediately following action on the consent agenda.
- Approval of April 2009 Vouchers/Warrants
- Approval of Board Member Resignation
- Approval of Surplus of Excess District Cell Phones
RECEPTION – 10 minutes
III. COMMENTS FROM THE AUDIENCE
IV. OLD BUSINESS
- Presentation of Interim Superintendent Search
- Approval of Interim Superintendent Search Timeline and Contract
- Approval of March 24, 2009 Public Hearing Meeting Minutes
V. NEW BUSINESS
- Approval of Board Member Appointment Timeline
- Approval of 2009-2010 School Board Meeting Schedule
- Approval of 2009-2010 WAVA Calendar
- First Reading of Board Policies 4200, 4210, 4215, 4220, 4235, 4237,4265 – Public Access to Schools, Staff and Students
VI. BOARD COMMUNICATION
VIII. EXECUTIVE SESSION
IX. ADJOURNMENTPrint This Post