Story and photos by Rick Snodgrass
Thursday night residents of a mobile home at 5712 Hannah Pierce Rd. W. heard a popping sound coming from the front porch. On investigating they found flames filling the porch and carport, then tried to put the fire out with a dry chemical extinguisher. Having no success they called 911 then escaped the building.
When fire crews arrived they found most of the mobile home involved, with flames shooting 20‚Äô high. The firefighting efforts were slowed slightly as live power lines fell and sparks flew. The fire was called under control at 10:52pm.
All occupants got out safely and no injuries were reported. The mobile home and contents along with a vintage car was considered a total loss, estimated at $40,000. The residents had no insurance.Print This Post