The Lakewood City Council will meet (Tuesday, January 20 at 7 pm) in Council Chambers (6000 Main Street SW, Lakewood). Following is the agenda:
Call to Order
Reports by the City Manager
Proclamations and Presentations
- Proclamation declaring the months of February through April 2009 as Pierce County Reads. ‚Äì Ms. Rose Jetter, Managing Librarian, Lakewood Pierce County Library
- Proclamation recognizing Coinforce, the McNeil Island Corrections Center Hobby Shop, Sisters of Charity at the Washington Corrections Center for Women and the McChord Officers‚Äô Spouses Club for supporting the 2008 Christmas Tree Lighting Festival. ‚Äì Mr. Jordan Haines, Coinforce; Mr. Chris Biggs, McNeil Island Corrections Center Hobby Shop; Ms. Leigh Henderson, Sisters of Charity at the Washington Corrections Center for Women, and Mrs. Helga Snyder and Mrs. Gwen Hirschman, McChord Officers‚Äô Spouses Club
C O N S E N T A G E N D A
( 1) A. Approval of the minutes of the City Council meeting of January 5, 2009.
( 7) B. Approval of the minutes of the City Council Study Session of January 12, 2009.
(13) C. Approval of payroll check numbers 189, 111082 to 111107, and direct deposit check numbers 32277 to 32520, in the amount of $789,714.79, for the period January 1-15, 2009.
(22) D. Approval of claim voucher numbers 49678 to 49733, in the amount of $193,244.37, for the period ending January 8, 2009.
(28) E. Approval of claim voucher numbers 49734 to 49750, in the amount of $123,101.52, for the period ending January 8, 2009.
(30) F. Approval of claim voucher numbers 49751 to 49822, in the amount of $284,893.81, for the period ending January 15, 2009.
(38) G. Items Filed in the Office of the City Clerk:
- Community Development Block Grant Citizens Advisory Board meeting minutes of October 1, 2008 and January 7, 2009.
- Public Safety Advisory Committee meeting minutes of November 5 and December 3, 2008.
- Lakewood Sister Cities Association Board meeting minutes of November 20, 2008.
- Lakewood Arts Commission meeting minutes of December 1, 2008.
R E G U L A R A G E N D A
Public Hearings and Appeals
(62) This is the date set for a public hearing by the City Council to extend the interim zoning controls moratorium for the Tillicum neighborhood for an additional six months.
(63) This is the date set for a public hearing by the City Council to extend the interim zoning controls moratorium upon eating and drinking establishments, greater than 10,000 square feet of interior space within the Neighborhood Commercial and Central Business zoning districts.
(64) Motion No. 2009-03. Confirming the City Manager‚Äôs appointment of James O‚ÄôConnor to serve as Lakewood‚Äôs Hearing Examiner through January 17, 2011. ‚Äì Assistant City Manager for Development
(85) Resolution No. 2009-03. Designating an EB5 Regional Center and authorizing the City Manager to enter into agreements necessary to obtain federal approval for a Regional Center. – Assistant City Manager for Development
(91) Motion No. 2009-04. Reconsideration of the 2009 human services funding. – Mayor
Briefing by the City Manager
City Council Comments
If you are looking for the city’s up-to-date weekly meeting schedule, click here.Print This Post