Congratulations to the following DECA members who qualified to compete at the State DECA Conference, scheduled for March 5-7 in Bellevue. Steilacoom‚Äôs Distributive Education Club of America, or DECA, recently competed at the DECA Area Seven Conference held on Jan.15 at the South Hills Mall in Puyallup. DECA students competed in 22 different events, some with as many as 50 participants.
In each event the top seven students qualied to compete at the State DECA Conference. Listed below are the students from SHS who qualified in their respective events.
- Germaine Ancheta, Apparel and Accessories Marketing
- Aram Khamenehi, Automotive Services Marketing
- Donna Meador, Food Marketing
- Nolan Russell, Restaurant and Food Service Management
- Justin Fulbright, Restaurant and Food Service Management
- Zach Esseln, Retail Merchandising
- Bo Pearson, Sports & Entertainment Marketing
- Matt Roberts, Sports & Entertainment Marketing
- Kjersten Walker, Buying and Merchandising (team event with B Walker)
- Brittany Walker, Buying and Merchandising (team event with K Walker)
- Jordan Owings, Sports & Entertainment Marketing (team event with Killgore)
- Tyler Killgore, Sports & Entertainment Marketing (team event with Owings)
- Caitlyn Johnson, Advertising Campaign
- Claire Swarner, Quick Serve Restaurant Management
“Nice job, Steilacoom DECA!” said DECA Advisor/SHS Marketing teacher Steve Brown.