The Lakewood City Council will meet (Monday, January 12 at 7 pm) in Council Chambers (6000 Main Street SW, Lakewood). Following is the agenda:
Items for Discussion:
( 1) 1. Regional Center Immigrant Investor Program (EB-5) discussion. ‚Äì (Memorandum)
( 4) 2. Lakefront street ends policy recommendations. ‚Äì (Memorandum)
(17) 3. 2009 Human Services program funding. ‚Äì (Memorandum)
Briefing by the City Manager
Items Tentatively Scheduled for Tuesday, January 20, 2009 Regular City Council Meeting:
- Item No. 1 above.
- Proclamation declaring the months of January through March 2009 as Pierce County Reads. ‚Äì Ms. Rose Jetter, Managing Librarian, Lakewood Branch, Pierce County Library System
- Proclamation recognizing Coinforce, the McNeil Island Corrections Center Hobby Shop, Sisters of Charity at the Washington Corrections Center for Women and the McChord Officers‚Äô Spouses Club for supporting the 2008 Christmas Tree Lighting Festival. ‚Äì Mr. Jordan Haines, Coinforce; Mr. Dan Zoolkoski, McNeil Island Corrections Center Hobby Shop; Ms. Leigh Henderson, Sisters of Charity at the Washington Corrections Center for Women, and Ms. Beth Cannon and Ms. Helga Snyder, McChord Officers‚Äô Spouses Club
- This is the date set for a public hearing by the City Council to extend the interim zoning controls moratorium for the Tillicum neighborhood for an additional six months.
- This is the date set for a public hearing by the City Council to extend the interim zoning controls moratorium upon eating and drinking establishments, greater than 10,000 square feet of interior space within the Neighborhood Commercial and Central Business zoning districts.
City Council Comments
If you are looking for the city’s up-to-date weekly meeting schedule, click here.