The Lakewood City Council will meet (December 15 at 7 pm) in Council Chambers (6000 Main Street SW, Lakewood). Following is the agenda:
Call to Order
Reports by the City Manager
Proclamations and Presentations
- Youth Council Report.
- Clover Park School District Board Report.
C O N S E N T A G E N D A
( 1) A. Approval of the minutes of the City Council meeting of December 1, 2008.
( 8) B. Approval of payroll check numbers 186, 110979 to 111014, and direct deposit check numbers 31537 to 31782, in the amount of $1,155,207.74, for the period November 16-30, 2008.
(18) C. Approval of claim voucher numbers 49134 to 49234, 900159, in the amount of $298,404.48, for the period ending November 26, 2008.
(31) D. Approval of claim voucher numbers 49334 to 49346, in the amount of $63,419.86, for the period ending December 10, 2008.
(33) E. Items Filed in the Office of the City Clerk:
- Landmarks and Heritage Advisory Board meeting minutes of September 25, 2008.
- Citizens Transportation Advisory Committee meeting minutes of October 28, 2008.
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Board meeting minutes of October 28, 2008.
- Lakewood Arts Commission meeting minutes of November 3, 2008.
- Human Services Funding Advisory Board meeting minutes of November 12, 2008.
- Lakewood Community Collaboration All Partners meeting minutes of November 12, 2008.
(54) F. Resolution No. 2008-34. Setting Tuesday, January 20, 2009, at approximately 7:00 p.m., as the date for a public hearing by the City Council to extend the interim zoning controls moratorium for the Tillicum neighborhood for an additional six months.
(57) G. Resolution No. 2008-35. Setting Tuesday, January 20, 2009, at approximately 7:00 p.m., as the date for a public hearing by the City Council to extend the interim zoning controls moratorium upon eating and drinking establishments, greater than 10,000 square feet of interior space within the Neighborhood Commercial and Central Business zoning districts, from January 1, 2009 to December 31, 2009.
(60) H. Motion No. 2008-61. Authorizing the City Manager to execute an agreement with the Humane Society for Tacoma and Pierce County, in the amount of $148,000, for animal sheltering services for 2009.
(68) I. Motion No. 2008-62. Authorizing the City Manager to execute a reciprocal easement agreement with the Lakewood Center Building, LLC, and LKW Associates, LLC, for Lots 9C, 9D, 9E and 9F of the Villa Plaza Binding Site Plan.
R E G U L A R A G E N D A
(69) Ordinance No. 482. Repealing Chapter 9.30 and creating Chapter 9.31 of the Lakewood Municipal Code relative to security alarms. ‚Äì Police Chief
(94) Ordinance No. 483. Amending the 2008 Comprehensive Plan and zoning maps; and amending Title 18A of the Lakewood Municipal Code relative to the Land Use and Development Code. – Assistant City Manager for Development
(170) Resolution No. 2008-36. Amending the City‚Äôs fee schedule. – Assistant City Manager for Finance and Administrative Services
(180) Resolution No. 2008-37. Authorizing the interfund loan in an amount not to exceed $2.5 million from the General Fund and Surface Water Management Fund to the Capital Improvement Program Fund for the construction of the Lakewood Police Station. ‚Äì Assistant City Manager for Finance and Administrative Services
(185) Motion No. 2008-63. Adopting the Human Services Needs Assessment Report and approving the 2009 human service funding allocations. – General Services Director/City Clerk
(271) Motion No. 2008-64. Authorize the execution of an agreement with the Lakewood Water District relative to the designed construction of utility and water main improvements in Tillicum and American Lake Gardens. – Public Works Director
Briefing by the City Manager
City Council Comments
If you are looking for the city’s up-to-date weekly meeting schedule, click here.