The Lakewood City Council will meet (Monday, December 1, 2008 at 7 pm) in Council Chambers (6000 Main Street SW, Lakewood). Following is the agenda:
Call to Order
Reports by the City Manager
Proclamations and Presentations
- Youth Council Report.
- Briefing on Ft. Steilacoom Park barn proposal. ‚Äì Ms. Sara Stratton, Recreation Coordinator, City of Lakewood
- Clover Park School District Board Report.
C O N S E N T A G E N D A
( 1) A. Approval of the minutes of the City Council meeting of November 17, 2008.
( 7) B. Approval of the minutes of the City Council Special Meeting of November 24, 2008.
(10) C. Approval of the minutes of the City Council Budget Workshop of November 24, 2008.
(13) D. Approval of payroll check numbers 185, 110956 to 110976, and direct deposit check numbers 31290 to 31536, in the amount of $773,692.67, for the period November 1-15, 2008.
(22) E. Approval of claim voucher numbers 49028 to 49133, in the amount of $1,345,981.92, for the period ending November 20, 2008.
(35) F. Items Filed in the Office of the City Clerk:
- Human Services Funding Advisory Board meeting minutes of October 15 and 22, 2008.
- Lakewood Sister Cities Association Board meeting minutes of October 16, 2008.
R E G U L A R A G E N D A
Public Hearings and Appeals
(47) This is the date set for a public hearing by the City Council relative to the abatement of dangerous buildings and public nuisances located at 10116 47th Avenue SW (Yong Ae Olson).
(69) This is the date set for a public hearing by the City Council relative to the abatement of dangerous buildings and public nuisances located at 9628 Oak Lane SW (Peter & Paul Boros).
(86) Ordinance No. 480. Adopting the 2009 City of Lakewood budget. – Assistant City Manager for Finance and Administrative Services
(93) Ordinance No. 481. Amending the 2008 budget for incurred expenditures in the Local Improvement District (LID) Capital Improvement Fund (No. 351) relative to securing permanent funding for the LID. – Assistant City Manager for Finance and Administrative Services
(96) Motion No. 2008-57. Approving the 2009 lodging tax funding allocations and authorizing the City Manager to enter into agreements to provide tourism-related services. ‚Äì Economic Development Manager
(115) Motion No. 2008-58. Authorizing the City Manager to execute a Memorandum of Agreement with Pierce County, in the amount of $1,387,600, for road maintenance services from January 1, 2009 to December 31, 2009. ‚Äì Public Works Director
(124) Motion No. 2008-59. Authorizing the City Manager to execute Addendum No. 1 to an agreement with Business Interiors Northwest, in an amount not to exceed $570,600, for office furnishings at the new Police Station. – Public Works Director
(139) Motion No. 2008-60. Authorizing the City Manager to execute an interlocal agreement with Pierce Transit, in the amount of $100,000, for security monitoring at the Lakewood Sound Transit Station. ‚Äì City Attorney
Briefing by the City Manager
City Council Comments
If you are looking for the city’s up-to-date weekly meeting schedule, click here.Print This Post