The state Department of Social and Health Services has stopped admissions at Angel of My Service Mind, a privately operated adult family home at 10714 14th Street SW, Lakewood.
The state took the action after finding numerous violations that affected the safety and well-being of residents. The violations include but are not limited to:
- Failure to relinquish their license within 30 days of the last resident leaving the home in December 2006.
- Failure to ensure staff members had current background checks.
- Failure to ensure the safety of a deck next to a sliding glass doors in the dining room.
- Failure to ensure fire extinguishers were checked and serviced annually.
- Failure to ensure the home had an emergency supply of food.
- Failure to ensure two staff members had current first aid certification.
While the home is in stop placement, licensee may not admit new residents pending any appeal. The home has had no residents since December 2006.
The provider has the right to contest the stop placement requesting an administrative hearing within 28 days of state notification.Print This Post