The Lakewood City Council will meet (Monday, November 3 at 7 pm) in Council Chambers (6000 Main Street SW, Lakewood). Following is the agenda:
Call to Order
Reports by the City Manager
Proclamations and Presentations
- Youth Council Report.
- Clover Park School District Report.
- Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve Presentation. – Mr. Byron Burgess, Camp Murray
- Joint Base Lewis-McChord Presentation. – Mr. Joe Jimenez, Joint Basing Public Affairs Specialist, U.S. Army Fort Lewis
- Presentation and proclamation declaring November 2008 as Veterans Appreciation Month and November 11, 2008 as a day of honoring veterans of Lakewood. ‚Äì Col. John Norris, U.S. Army; Lt. Col. Jim Stocks and Sergeant Major Tom Glembin, U.S. Marine Corps; Lt. Col. Eric Payne, U.S. Air Force; and Chief Hospital Corpsman Robert Propp, U.S. Navy
C O N S E N T A G E N D A
( 1) A. Approval of the minutes of the City Council Budget Workshop of October 15, 2008.
( 5) B. Approval of the minutes of the City Council meeting of October 20, 2008.
(12) C. Approval of the minutes of the City Council Budget Workshop of October 20, 2008.
(14) D. Approval of the minutes of the City Council Budget Workshop of October 27, 2008.
(16) E. Approval of claim voucher numbers 48563 to 48622, in the amount of $392,340.49 for the period ending October 16, 2008.
(24) F. Approval of claim voucher numbers 48623 to 48781, in the amount of $1,137,563.33, for the period ending October 23, 2008.
(40) G. Approval of claim voucher numbers 48782 to 48880 and 900158, in the amount of $417,585.74, for the period ending October 30, 2008.
(50) H. Items Filed in the Office of the City Clerk:
- Lodging Tax Advisory Committee meeting minutes of November 5 and 6, 2007.
- Landmarks and Heritage Advisory Board meeting minutes of August 28, 2008.
- Lakewood Sister Cities Association Board meeting minutes of September 18, 2008.
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Board meeting minutes of September 30, 2008.
(83) I. Resolution No. 2008-30. Setting Monday, December 1, 2008, at approximately 7:00 p.m., as the date for a public hearing by the City Council relative to the abatement of dangerous buildings and public nuisances located at 10116 ‚Äì 47th Avenue SW (Yong Ae Olson).
(86) J. Resolution No. 2008-31. Setting Monday, December 1, 2008, at approximately 7:00 p.m., as the date for a public hearing by the City Council relative to the abatement of dangerous buildings and public nuisances located at 9628 Oak Lane SW (Peter & Paul Boros).
(89) K. Resolution No. 2008-32. Authorizing the property status and sale of canine Police service dog, Bo, in the amount of $1.00, as surplus property; and authorizing an agreement with Officer Russ Martin for said sale.
R E G U L A R A G E N D A
(92) Ordinance No. 478. Amending the Employee Compensation and Benefits Plan for salary differential for employees called to active military duty. ‚Äì Human Resources Director
(97) Resolution No. 2008-33. Adopting the Hazard Mitigation Plan for the City of Lakewood. – Police Chief Farrar
(163) Motion No. 2008-51. Awarding a bid to Iversen and Sons, Inc., in the amount of $356,584.38, for the American Lake boat launch upland improvements. – Parks and Recreation Director
(171) Motion No. 2008-52. Awarding a bid to KBH Construction, in the amount of $360,778, for the construction of a new traffic signal system and curbs, gutters, sidewalks, and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) ramps at Motor Avenue SW and Whitman Avenue SW. – Public Works Director
Briefing by the City Manager
City Council Comments