The Lakewood City Council will meet (Monday, October 20 at 7 pm) in Council Chambers (6000 Main Street SW, Lakewood). Following is the agenda:
Call to Order
Reports by the City Manager
Proclamations and Presentations
1. Proclamation declaring October 2008 as National Humanities and Arts Month. ‚Äì Mr. Phil Rachke, Chair, Lakewood Arts Commission
C O N S E N T A G E N D A
( 1) A. Approval of the minutes of the City Council meeting of October 6, 2008.
( 9) B. Approval of the minutes of the City Council Budget Workshop of October 6, 2008.
(12) C. Approval of the minutes of the City Council Budget Workshop of October 13, 2008.
(15) D. Approval of payroll check numbers 182, 110886 to 110909, and direct deposit check numbers 30787 to 31038, in the amount of $796,437.56, for the period October 1-15, 2008.
(24) E. Approval of claim voucher numbers 48468 to 48562, in the amount of $1,353,996.36, for the period ending October 9, 2008.
(35) F. Items Filed in the Office of the City Clerk:
- Lakewood Arts Commission meeting minutes of September 8, 2008.
- Redevelopment Advisory Board meeting minutes of September 9, 2008.
- Human Services Funding Advisory Board meeting minutes of September 24, 2008 and Provider Presentations minutes of September 24 and 25, 2008.
- Human Services Funding Advisory Board meeting minutes of October 1 and 7, 2008.
- Lakewood Community Collaboration All Partners meeting minutes of October 8, 2008.
(74) G. Motion No. 2008-45. Approving the property boundary line adjustments to increase the size of Parcel B at 8104 South Tacoma Way to allow for development, and reduce the size of Parcel A at 8024 South Tacoma Way (First Tacoma LLC; # LU080193).
R E G U L A R A G E N D A
(77) Motion No. 2008-46. Confirming the appointments of Rebecca Huber and Linda Smith to serve on the Lodging Tax Advisory Committee for a three-year term through November 1, 2011. – Mayor
(80) Motion No. 2008-47. Confirming the appointments of Kit Baker and Sam Wagner to serve on the Citizens Transportation Advisory Committee for a three-year term through November 5, 2011. – Mayor
(82) Resolution No. 2008-28. Adopting the Fiscal Year 2009 Community Development Block Grant and HOME Investment Partnership Act grant policies and proposed use of funds. ‚Äì General Services Director/City Clerk
(93) Resolution No. 2008-29. Adopting the findings of fact supporting the interim zoning controls for portions of the Tillicum neighborhood. – Assistant City Manager for Development
(97) Motion No. 2008-48. Awarding a bid to Buckley Nursery Company, Inc., in the amount of $419,918, for improvements to the Hill Ward site at Ft. Steilacoom Park. – Parks and Recreation Director
(107) Motion No. 2008-49. Authorizing the City Manager to execute an agreement with the U.S. Department of Justice, in the amount of $175,000, for the weed and seed program to provide enhanced law enforcement, intervention and prevention programs in Districts 3 and 4. – Police Chief
(178) Motion No. 2008-50. Authorizing the City Manager to execute of an agreement with the Washington State Department of Community, Trade and Economic Development, in the amount of $100,000, for the Phase I of the Union Avenue Redevelopment project. ‚Äì Public Works Director
Briefing by the City Manager
City Council Comments
BUDGET WORKSHOP AGENDA – Following the Regular City Council Meeting
Item for Discussion:
1. Review of the Proposed City of Lakewood 2009 Budget.
AdjournmentPrint This Post