The Lakewood City Council will meet (Monday, October 6 at 7pm) in Council Chambers (6000 Main Street SW, Lakewood). Following is the agenda:
Call to Order
Reports by the City Manager
Proclamations and Presentations
- Youth Council Report.
- Proclamation declaring October 5-11, 2008 As National Fire Prevention Week. ‚Äì Ms. Hallie McCurdy, Assistant Fire Marshal, Lakewood Fire District
- Proclamation declaring October 25, 2008 as Make A Difference Day and the month of October as Make A Difference Month. ‚Äì Ms. Ria Bakker of The Friends of the Park & Nature; Ms. Diane Formoso of Caring for Kids; Captain Pedro Gomes of the 4-2 Stryker Brigade Combat Team; Ms. Jenny Kim, Lakewood Youth Council; Ms. Wanda Sok of Grave Concerns, and Ms. Mary Dodsworth, Lakewood Parks and Recreation
- Proclamation declaring October 2008 as Domestic Violence Awareness Month and a Presentation on Domestic Violence Awareness. ‚Äì Ms. Ann-Marie Evans, Victim Advocate, City of Lakewood
- Clover Park School District Board Report.
C O N S E N T A G E N D A
( 1) A. Approval of the minutes of the City Council meeting of September 15, 2008.
(11) B. Approval of the minutes of the City Council Study Session of September 22, 2008.
(14) C. Approval of payroll check numbers 180, 110821 to 110846, and direct deposit check numbers 30274 to 30530, in the amount of $797,980.90, for the period September 1-15, 2008.
(23) D. Approval of payroll check numbers 181, 110847 to 110885, and direct deposit check numbers 30531 to 30786, in the amount of $1,118,551.95, for the period September 16-30, 2008.
(33) E. Approval of claim voucher numbers 48070 to 48174, in the amount of $1,638,586.24, for the period ending September 11, 2008.
(45) F. Approval of claim voucher numbers 48069, 48175 to 48281, in the amount of $458,805.60, for the period ending September 18, 2008.
(56) G. Approval of claim voucher numbers 48282 to 48385, in the amount of $835,125.17, for the period ending September 25, 2008.
(68) H. Approval of claim voucher numbers 48386 to 48467 and 900157, in the amount of $128,336, for the period ending October 2, 2008.
(76) I. Items Filed in the Office of the City Clerk:
- Human Services Funding Advisory Board meeting minutes of July 16 and September 10 and 17, 2008.
- Planning Advisory Board meeting minutes of July 23, August 6 and 20, 2008.
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Board meeting minutes of July 30, 2008.
- Community Development Block Grant Citizens Advisory Board meeting minutes of August 13, and September 17, 2008.
- Community Development Block Grant Citizens Advisory Board and Human Services Funding Advisory Board Focus Group meeting minutes of September 10, 2008.
- Community Development Block Grant Citizens Advisory Board and Human Services Funding Advisory Board Public Hearing meeting minutes of September 10, 2008.
- Lakewood Sister Cities Association Annual Membership meeting minutes of August 21, 2008.
- Citizens Transportation Advisory Committee meeting minutes of August 26, 2008.
(128) J. Motion No. 2008-41. Setting Monday, November 17, 2008, at approximately 7:00 p.m., as the date for a public hearing by the City Council on the proposed 2009 budget and mill levy rate.
R E G U L A R A G E N D A
Public Hearings and Appeals
(129) This is the date set for a public hearing by the City Council relative to interim zoning controls for portions of the Tillicum neighborhood for an additional six months.
(134) Motion No. 2008-42. Appointing Marie Barth, Scott Campbell, Debra Christnacht, Susan Couperthwaite, Retha Hayward, Lonnie Lai, Stuart Lane, Shirley Petersen and Ken Witkoe to serve on the Lakewood Arts Commission. ‚Äì Mayor
(136) Motion No. 2008-43. Appointing Deanna Robinson to serve on the Lodging Tax Advisory Committee. – Mayor
(139) Motion No. 2008-44. Authorizing the execution of an agreement with Pierce County to accept 1.85 acres of property next to Wards Lake Park for use as open space and for recreational activities. – Parks and Recreation Director
Briefing by the City Manager
City Council Comments
BUDGET WORKSHOP AGENDA — Following the Regular City Council Meeting
Items for Discussion:
Proposed City of Lakewood 2009 Budget.
- Public Safety
- Parks and Recreation