LAKEWOOD, WA — Clover Park School District students will receive a Residence and Employment Survey on Wednesday, Oct. 1. Parents are encouraged to complete, sign and date the form and have their child(ren) return it to school by Friday, Oct. 3. The survey form must be signed and dated in ink in order for the information to be processed.
The confidential survey is conducted annually and information obtained from the survey allows Clover Park School District to obtain federal Impact Aid monies, which help to fund teachers, support staff, classroom computers, library books and other supplies and equipment in Clover Park schools.
Federal Impact Aid provides funding in-lieu of taxes to school districts which educate federally connected students and is granted by the federal government to school districts with students who:
- reside on federal property, with a parent on active duty in the uniformed services;
- reside on federal property with a parent employed on federal property within the boundaries of the school district;
- reside on eligible Indian lands;
- do not live on federal property and have a parent either on active duty in the uniformed services or employed on federal property;
- who reside on federal property with parents who are not employed on federal property; or
- who reside in eligible low-rent housing.
For more information related to Impact Aid or the Residence and Employment Survey, please contact the Clover Park School District’s financial services office at 583-5020 or Norma Melo, Fort Lewis schools liaison at 967-7195.Print This Post