Lakewood resident Lynn Gracey (left) is shown receiving a certificate of appreciation from Major Angel Colon, Chief of the Armed Services Blood Bank Center at Madigan Army Medical Center. The certificate is in recognition of reaching 150 platelet donations at the Bood Bank over the past 10 years. An accompanying card gives the following numbers concerning this achievement.
- 150th platelet donation was on 29 August 2008.
- Donated 189 platelet products.
- Number of needle sticks 191 (this is also counting when we used the two-needle system).
- He has provided Madigan Army Medical Center with $113,400.00 worth of platelets.
- He spent approximately 300 hours with us in the donor center.
- Watched 150 movies (action & mystery).
- Consumed approximately 900 cookies, 150 cups of coffee
Lynn is the second to achieve the level of 150 donations at Madigan. He joins his wife, Ruth Stevick, in this accomplishment. Ruth was recently recognized as the first donor to reach the 200 donation level.