The Lakewood City Council will meet (Monday, September 22 at 7 pm) in Council Chambers (6000 Main Street SW, Lakewood). Following is the agenda:
Item for Discussion:
( 1) 1. Review of the proposed Fiscal Year 2009 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and HOME Investment Partnership Act grant policies and proposed used of funds. ‚Äì (Memorandum)
Briefing by the City Manager
Items Tentatively Scheduled for the October 6, 2008 Regular City Council Meeting:
- Item No. 1 above.
- Proclamation declaring October 5-11, 2008 As National Fire Prevention Week. ‚Äì Ms. Hallie McCurdy, Assistant Fire Marshal, Lakewood Fire District
- Proclamation declaring October 25, 2008 as Make A Difference Day.
- Proclamation declaring October 2008 as Domestic Violence Awareness Month and a Presentation on Domestic Violence Awareness. ‚Äì Ms. Ann-Marie Evans, Domestic Violence Advocate, City of Lakewood
- Setting Monday, November 17, 2008, at approximately 7:00 p.m., as the date for a public hearing by the City Council on the proposed 2009 budget and mill levy rate. ‚Äì (Motion – Consent Agenda)
- This is the date set for a public hearing by the City Council relative to interim zoning controls for portions of the Tillicum neighborhood for an additional six months.
- Appointing individuals to serve on the Lakewood Arts Commission. ‚Äì (Motion ‚Äì Regular Agenda)
- Authorizing the execution of an agreement with Pierce County to hold title to the properties adjacent to Wards Lake Park for open space and recreational activities. – (Motion ‚Äì Regular Agenda)
City Council Comments