The Lakewood City Council will meet (Monday, September 15 at 7 pm) in Council Chambers (6000 Main Street SW, Lakewood). Following is the agenda:
Call to Order
Reports by the City Manager
Proclamations and Presentations
- Proclamation declaring September 17-23, 2008 as National Constitution Week. ‚Äì Mrs. Holly Ann Muller, Constitution Week Chair, Daughters of the American Revolution, Mary Ball Chapter
- Clover Park School District Board Report.
C O N S E N T A G E N D A
( 1) A. Approval of the minutes of the City Council meeting of September 2, 2008.
( 8) B. Approval of the minutes of the City Council Budget Workshop of September 8, 2008.
(13) C. Approval of payroll check numbers 179, 110779 to 110820 and direct deposit check numbers 30012 to 30273, in the amount of $1,050,897.94, for the period August 16-31, 2008.
(23) D. Approval of claim voucher numbers 47874 to 47990, in the amount of $301,142.51, for the period ending August 28, 2008.
(35) E. Approval of claim voucher numbers 47991 to 48068, in the amount of $421,858.33, for the period ending September 4, 2008.
(44) F. Items Filed in the Office of the City Clerk:
- Redevelopment Advisory Board meeting minutes of June 10, 2008.
- Lakewood Sister Cities Association Board annual membership meeting minutes of July 17, 2008.
- Landmarks and Heritage Advisory Board meeting minutes of July 24, 2008.
- Public Safety Advisory Committee meeting minutes of August 6, 2008.
- Lakewood Arts Commission meeting minutes of August 4, 2008.
- Lakewood Community Collaboration meeting minutes of September 10, 2008.
(68) G. Resolution No. 2008-25. Setting Monday, October 6, 2008, at approximately 7:00 p.m., as the date for a public hearing by the City Council relative to interim zoning controls for portions of the Tillicum neighborhood for an additional six months.
(71) H. Motion No. 2008-38. Authorizing the continuation of an interlocal agreement with the Clover Park School District, in the budgeted amount of $532,950, for the purchase of fuel for police vehicles from September 1, 2008 through August 31, 2009.
(75) I. Motion No. 2008-39. Approving the property boundary line adjustments to consolidate and reconfigure nine separate lots in the Country Club Land Company‚Äôs Plat in the vicinity of Country Club Drive SW, into three lots (J. Briggs; # LU080081).
R E G U L A R A G E N D A
(82) Resolution No. 2008-26. Authorizing a special assessment and lien against the property at 11701 Pacific Highway SW, in the amount of $28,064.40, for the abatement of a dangerous building and public nuisance. – Assistant City Manager for Development
(89) Resolution No. 2008-27. Authorizing a special assessment and lien against the property at 11020 Military Road SW, in the amount of $13,008.94, for the abatement of dangerous buildings and public nuisances. – Assistant City Manager for Development
1. Discussion of the 2009 Plan B budget proposal.
(94) Motion No. 2008-40. Authorizing the City Manager to execute an interlocal agreement with Pierce Transit, in the amount of $100,000, for security at the Lakewood Sound Transit Station. ‚Äì City Attorney
Briefing by the City Manager
City Council Comments