Through its summer youth sports clinics in golf, tennis and swimming, the Oakbrook Golf and Country Club provides significant service to the youth of Lakewood. The Club’s Summer Youth Sports Program delivers on the five promises of America‚Äôs and Lakewood‚Äôs Promise to not only the children and grandchildren of members but also to scholarship students from Fort Lewis and McChord.
Those promises are:
- Caring Adult. The ratio of professional and knowledgeable volunteer adults to students is approximately one to four. Emphasis is always on mentoring and coaching.
- Education. All courses are provided under the auspices of professional associations and all students are graded according to published standards
- Secure Environment. All programs are provided in a safe, stable and professionally supervised setting.
- Healthful Environment. All three sports provide healthful outdoor physical activity coached and monitored by qualified professionals.
- Opportunities to Serve. Older students tutor and mentor younger students routinely as part of their learning process.
Annually in September the club reports results of programs to Lakewood‚Äôs Promise for inclusion in its annual report to America‚Äôs Promise. This report is available for public inspection by calling the club at 584-8888.