The Lakewood City Council will meet Monday, August 18 at 7 pm in Council Chambers (6000 Main Street SW, Lakewood). Following is the agenda:
Call to Order
Reports by the City Manager
Proclamations and Presentations
- Proclamation declaring September 27, 2008 as National Walk from Obesity Day. ‚Äì Ms. Nora Forsell, Event Chair, St. Francis Center for Weight Management, Franciscan Health System
- Clover Park School District Board Report.
C O N S E N T A G E N D A
( 1) A. Approval of the minutes of the City Council meeting of August 4, 2008.
( 8) B. Approval of the minutes of the City Council Special Meeting of August 11, 2008.
(11) C. Approval of the minutes of the City Council Study Session of August 11, 2008.
(15) D. Approval of payroll check numbers 177, 110707 to 110750, and direct deposit check numbers 29483 to 29745, in the amount of $1,067,963.91, for the period July 15-31, 2008.
(25) E. Approval of claim voucher numbers 47494 to 47607, in the amount of $299,249.39, for the period ending July 31, 2008.
(37) F. Approval of claim voucher numbers 47608 to 47682, and 900155, in the amount of $445,837.07 for the period ending August 7, 2008.
(45) G. Items Filed in the Office of the City Clerk:
- Planning Advisory Board meeting minutes of June 4, 2008.
- Landmarks and Heritage Advisory Board meeting minutes of June 19, 2008.
- Community Development Block Grant Citizens Advisory Board meeting minutes of June 25, 2008.
- Lakewood Arts Commission meeting minutes of July 7, 2008.
- Citizens Transportation Advisory Committee meeting minutes of July 22, 2008.
R E G U L A R A G E N D A
Public Hearings and Appeals
(60) This is the date set for a public hearing by the City Council to extend the interim zoning controls upon eating and drinking establishments for an additional six months.
(61) Ordinance No. 476. Extending the interim zoning controls for the Tillicum area to continue the preparation of a sub-plan area for an additional six months. – Assistant City Manager for Development
(73) Resolution No. 2008-24. Adopting the Six-Year (2009-2014) Comprehensive Transportation Improvement Program. ‚Äì Public Works Director
(101) Motion No. 2008-31. Authorizing the City Manager to execute an agreement with Washington Cities Insurance Authority for insurance, risk management, legal, claims adjustment, and risk and safety training services. ‚Äì Human Resources Director
(121) Motion No. 2008-32. Awarding a bid to S & W Utility Contractors, Inc., in the amount of $191,239.90, to install a stormwater system along Bristol Avenue from the southern terminus at Lakewood Towne Center to 100th Street SW. – Public Works Director
Briefing by the City Manager
City Council Comments
AdjournmentPrint This Post