The City of Lakewood will hold its weekly council meeting Monday, August 4 at 7 pm at City Council Chambers, 6000 Main St SW, Lakewood. Agenda to follow:
Call to Order
Reports by the City Manager
Proclamations and Presentations
- Proclamation recognizing First Sergeant William Harlan; and Unveiling of the 4-2 Stryker Brigade Combat Team memorial plaque. – Mayor Richardson
- Proclamation declaring August 5, 2008 as National Night Out Against Crime. ‚Äì Mr. and Mrs. Mike and Sharron Kanter, 10-year Supporters of Lakewood‚Äôs National Night Out
C O N S E N T A G E N D A
( 1) A. Approval of the minutes of the City Council meeting of July 21, 2008.
( 5) B. Approval of the minutes of the City Council Study Session of July 28, 2008.
(11) C. Approval of claim voucher numbers 47316 to 47392, in the amount of $817,993.98, for the period ending July 17, 2008.
(20) D. Approval of claim voucher numbers 47393 to 47493, in the amount of $538,057.83, for the period ending July 24, 2008.
(29) E. Items Filed in the Office of the City Clerk:
- Public Safety Advisory Committee meeting minutes of April 2, May 7 and June 4, 2008.
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Board meeting minutes of June 24, 2008.
- Citizens Transportation Advisory Committee meeting minutes of July 1, 2008.
- Citizens Transportation Advisory Committee Special Meeting minutes of July 7, 2008.
(53) F. Resolution No. 2008-18. Setting Monday, August 18, 2008, at approximately 7:00 p.m., as the date for a public hearing by the City Council to extend the interim zoning controls upon eating and drinking establishments for an additional six months.
(56) G. Resolution No. 2008-19. Setting Tuesday, September 2, 2008, at approximately 7:00 p.m., as the date for a public hearing by the City Council relative to the abatement of dangerous buildings and public nuisances located at 11020 Military Road SW.
(59) H. Resolution No. 2008-20. Setting Tuesday, September 2, 2008, at approximately 7:00 p.m., as the date for a public hearing by the City Council relative to the abatement of dangerous buildings and public nuisances located at 11701 Pacific Highway SW.
R E G U L A R A G E N D A
Public Hearings and Appeals
(62) This is the date set for a public hearing by the City Council on the Six-Year (2009-2014) Comprehensive Transportation Improvement Program.
(63) Ordinance No. 475. Amending the 2008 budget to provide for the Washington Association Sheriffs and Police Chiefs auto theft protection grant and necessary adjustments. – Assistant City Manager for Administrative Services
(67) Resolution No. 2008-21. Approving the interlocal agreement with the cities and towns of Pierce County and Pierce County ratifying amendments to the Pierce County Regional Council Countywide Planning Policies relative to the designation of urban centers. – Assistant City Manager for Development
(102) 1. Discussion on gambling ban initiative.
(106) Motion No. 2008-29. Approving the 2009 legislative priorities relative to zoning of gambling businesses, military annexation, military improvement zoning funding at the Tillicum area, mobile home relocation assistance, and Ft. Steilacoom Park barn funding. ‚Äì Community Relations Director
(108) Motion No. 2008-30. Authorizing the City Manager to execute an agreement with LeMay, Inc. d/b/a Lakewood Refuse to impose a temporary fuel surcharge for approximately six months. ‚Äì City Attorney
Briefing by the City Manager
City Council Comments