The Lakewood City Council will meet Monday, July 28 at 6 pm for a Study Session in the Second Floor Foyer of City Hall. Agenda as follows
Items for Discussion:
- Joint meeting with the Redevelopment Advisory Board and Planning Advisory Board.
Recess to continue Study Session in Council Chambers (First Floor).
Following Joint Council meeting with Redevelopment Advisory Board and Planning Advisory Board meeting, agenda as follows:
Items for Discussion:
( 1) 1. 2009 Legislative Priorities. ‚Äì (Memorandum)
( 3) 2. Citizen gambling ban initiative relative to a petition to prohibit social card games. ‚Äì (Memorandum)
(33) 3. Review of the proposed fuel surcharge by Lakewood Refuse. ‚Äì (Memorandum)
Briefing by the City Manager
Items Tentatively Scheduled for the August 4, 2008 Regular City Council Meeting:
- Item Nos. 1, 2 and 3 above.
- Unveiling of the 4-2 Stryker Brigade Combat Team memorial plaque. – Mayor Richardson
- Proclamation declaring August 5, 2008 as National Night Out Against Crime. ‚Äì Mr. and Mrs. Mike and Sharron Kanter, 10-year Supporters of Lakewood‚Äôs National Night Out
- Setting Monday, August 18, 2008, at approximately 7:00 p.m., as the date for a public hearing by the City Council to extend the interim zoning controls upon eating and drinking establishments for an additional six months. ‚Äì (Resolution – Consent Agenda)
- Setting Monday, August 18, 2008, at approximately 7:00 p.m., as the date for a public hearing by the City Council relative to the abatement of dangerous buildings. ‚Äì (Resolution ‚Äì Consent Agenda)
- This is the date set for a public hearing by the City Council on the Six-Year (2009-2014) Comprehensive Transportation Improvement Program.
- Approving a 2008 supplemental budget, in the amount of $530,000, for the Washington Association Sheriffs and Police Chiefs auto theft protection grant. ‚Äì (Ordinance ‚Äì Regular Agenda)
- Approving the interlocal agreement with the cities and towns of Pierce County and Pierce County ratifying amendments to the Pierce County Regional Council Countywide Planning Policies relative to the designation of urban centers. ‚Äì (Resolution ‚Äì Regular Agenda)
City Council Comments