Lakewood, WA — At 2:01 p.m. (July 24) the Lakewood Fire Department responded to a house fire located at 10001 116th Street SW. Smoke had filled the neighborhood, which alerted a neighbor to call 911. Engine 22 was first on scene to find heavy black smoke had filled the house and the back side of the home had flames visible. Engines 20 and 23, Ladder 20, Medic 22, and Battalion 20 also arrived on scene to extinguish the fire. The fire was declared under control at 2:32 p.m.
No one was home at the time of the fire, but unfortunately, two dogs perished in the fire. The Lakewood Police Department Animal Control took care of the pets. The family is being assisted by the Red Cross.
The fire started with an unattended pan on the stove. The Lakewood Fire Department would like to remind residents that most fires begin in the kitchen and working smoke alarms are imperative.Print This Post