DuPont, WA ‚Äì At 5:23 a.m. (July 25) the City of DuPont and Lakewood Fire Departments responded to a house fire located at 2224 Forrest Street in DuPont. Engine 25, stationed in DuPont, was the first on scene to find fire and smoke coming from the front and attic of the home. Engines 23 and 20, Ladder 20, Aid 26, and Battalions 20 and 25 were also on scene. Ladder 20 assisted in extinguishing the fire by spraying water from the top of the ladder directly onto the roof. The fire was declared under control at 6:32 a.m. (For more images, click here).
The father woke up to find fire coming from the roof and woke the rest of the family. All of the occupants in the home safely evacuated. There were working smoke alarms in the home that activated after everyone was out of the house.
The fire most likely started from discarded cigarettes. The City of DuPont and Lakewood Fire Departments would like to remind residents to be sure to have working smoke alarms in their home and to practice their family escape plan. Be sure hard-wired smoke alarms have a battery back-up, in the event of a power outage.
A community critique will be held on Monday, July 28th at 7 p.m. at Chloe Clark Elementary, located at 1700 Palisade Boulevard. This is a great opportunity to express concerns about this fire and prevent others from happening. The City of DuPont and Lakewood Fire Departments will be offering information on fire prevention, early detection devices, and home escape planning.
DuPont Interim Fire Chief Merritt and Venture Bank have set up and account in the name of the owners, “Roy & Kelly McIntyre DuPont Community Relief Fund”.
The DuPont Fire Department and Lakewood Fire Department will be offering an “After The Fire” meeting for all neighbors and interested citizens regarding the devastating house fire on Friday on Forest Avenue.
What Happened?? How Did The Fire Start?? Why Did It Burn So Much??
Challenges For The Firefighters…Fire Prevention Information!!!
- WHEN: Monday Night — July 28th — 7pm
- WHERE: Chloe Clark Elementary
- PRESENTERS: DuPont Fire Department Lakewood Fire Department