The old school bell from Pioneer Middle School in Steilacoom was moved this past month to its new location at DuPont/Northwest Landing, where it has a place of honor near the entry to the new Pioneer Middle School. The bell was the original bell that hung in the tower at the first Steilacoom School in 1892.
Steilacoom Historical School District schools open on Aug. 28. A gala public opening/celebration at the new school is planned for Saturday, Sept. 20. The school is located on Bob’s Hollow Lane and Wren Road. Watch for details about this upcoming event.
Photo by Nancy Covert