Lakewood, WA — At 4:38 p.m. (July 21) the Lakewood Fire Department responded to an apartment fire at 5620 93rd Street SW. Firefighters arrived to find smoke coming from the second floor of the apartment. The building alarm was sounding and occupants were evacuating. The fire was declared under control at 4:55 p.m.
One apartment was damaged in the fire. The occupants of the apartment were not home at the time and no injuries occurred as a result of the fire.
The fire started from a candle left unattended. The Lakewood Fire Department would like to remind residents to be sure to have insurance on their home, as damage can be very severe following a fire.