Dear Grant Applicants:
Your grant project was included among the projects selected by the Pierce County Landmarks and Historic Preservation Commission for Pierce County 2008 Historic Preservation Grant. Pierce County Landmarks and Historic Preservation (LHP) Commission evaluated 22 Pierce County 2008 Historic Preservation Grant Applications on July 12, 2008, and selected the following projects for grant funding in 2008. It was a unanimous decision by the Pierce County LHP Commission. Pierce County Council has the final authority of approving the selection for funding. The Pierce County LHP Commission’s selection will be forwarded to the Pierce County Council for final review and adoption by resolution.
- Artifact Conservation – Fort Nisqually ($4,500)
- Historic District Signage – Town of Steilacoom ($14,434)
- Wilkeson Centennial Monument – Town of Wilkeson’s Wilkeson Centennial Committee ($10,000)
- Browns Point Light Keeper’s Buidlings Preservation, Safety and Security Improvements – Points Northeast Historical Society ($6,325)
- Restoration of Anderson Island School – Anderson Island Park and Recreation District ($25,000)
- Bonney Lake Historical Markers – City of Bonney Lake ($8,750)
- Gig Harbor WPA Facility Re-Roofing – City of Gig Harbor ($15,776)
- New Roof for the Prairie House Museum Building – Spanaway Historical Society ($4,879.68)
- Newspaper Clipping Preservation – Tacoma Public Library ($7,000)
- Downtown Puyallup Historic Facade Program – Puyallup Main Street Association ($22,000)
- F/V Shenandoah Restoration – Harbor History Museum ($25,000)
- Allen C. Mason Plaza – Tacoma Historical Society ($25,000)
- Wagon Shop Restoration – Steilacoom Historical Museum Association ($5,000)
- Reroof Historic 1912 Farmhouse – Anderson Island Historical Society ($5,498)
- The Anderson Homestead Cabin Restoration -Pioneer Farm Museum ($15,000)
Thank you for all your hard work putting together the proposals for grant funding considerations.
Senior Planner and Historic Preservation Officer
Advance Planning Division
Planning and Land Services Department
Letters to the Editor are submitted by readers and do not reflect the opinions of The Suburban Times. Submit your letter to email@example.com. Letters may be edited for length, content or formatting.