Lakewood, WA- At 5:33 p.m., June 4 the Lakewood Fire Department responded to a kitchen fire at 5614 111th Street SW. Firefighters arrived to find smoke coming from the front door of the apartment. As firefighters entered the building, flames were seen coming from a pan on the stove. The fire was declared under control at 5:46 p.m.
One apartment was damaged in the fire. The occupants of the apartment were displaced and American Red Cross is providing assistance. Damages are estimated at $15,000 to structure and $7,500 in contents. No injuries were reported as a result of the fire.
The fire started from a pan of grease left on the stove. The Lakewood Fire Department would like to remind you not to leave cooking unattended. If a fire on the stove does occur, put a lid on the pan and move it to a burner that is off.Print This Post