McChord Air Force Base, Wash. — The base will open its gates to the community July 19 and 20 for McChord’s Air Expo 2008, featuring the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds demonstration team.
The base will be open to the public from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and the flying starts at 10:30 a.m. both days. The Air Expo and parking are free to the public.
The premiere performance this year is the amazing U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds aerial demonstration team. The precision flying team will soar overhead both days along with a huge collection of other unique military and civilian aerial demonstrations, fly-bys and static display aircraft.
The two-day event allows McChord to say “thank you” to the surrounding communities for the support they show the base every day. This year’s theme, “Freedom, what it takes,” allows the community to get a glimpse of the pride and professionalism of America’s finest.
More information about the tremendous event is available by visiting www.mcchordairexpo.com or calling the information line at 253-982-EXPO (3976).
Aerial demonstration teams for July 19 and 20 include:
- C-17 Aerial Demonstration
- U.S. Air Force Academy Parachute Team “Wings of Blue”
- AD-3 Skyraider Legacy Flight
- F-15C Eagle Tactical Demonstration
- F/A-18F Super Hornet Tactical Demonstration
- P-51 Mustang Heritage Flight
- Air Force Reserve Jet Car
- Bombing of Pearl Harbor reenactment “Tora Tora Tora”
- Bud and Ross Granley’s Dueling YAKs (YAK 18 vs YAK 55)
- Cold War Era Dog Fight “Mig Fury” Mig 15 and Mig 17 versus a U.S. Navy FJ-4
- Jacquie B’s Pitts S2-B
- Steve Cowell’s Tuskegee T-6
- Tim Weber’s Geico Extra 300