The City of Lakewood is accepting applications to fill three (3) vacancies on the Human Services Funding Advisory Board.
DESCRIPTION: The role and responsibilities of the Human Services Funding Advisory Board are to:
1. Conduct public hearings regarding allocations of human services funds and programs and making recommendations for funding;
2. Ensure the fairest distribution and most effective use of its human services resources are consistent with adopted priorities and criteria;
3. Encourage partnerships in the funding and provision of human services.
4. Request periodic strengths and needs assessments and program outcome evaluations to determine the direction of human services; and
5. Integrate human services policy into overall City policy development
QUALIFICATIONS: Members shall be residents of the City unless the Council finds that appointment of a non-resident, by virtue of business involvement or expertise, will benefit the Committee and ultimately the City.
MEMBERSHIP: Members are appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by the City Council.
TERMS OF OFFICE: 3 years
MEETING DATES: Meetings are held in the Summer-Fall (approximately 3-4 times per year.) An estimated 40 hours outside of meeting times is spent reviewing and rating applications.
ATTENDANCE: Individuals appointed are expected to attend meetings regularly. The Council expects to be informed in the event any Committee, Board or Commission member has three unexcused absences. The Council, may in the event of three unexcused absences, dismiss the individual from service.
EXPECTATIONS: Adhere to City of Lakewood’s Code of Ethics, mutual respect among members, good listener, and flexible.
APPLICATIONS: Applications are available at: Lakewood City Hall, City Clerk’s Office,
6000 Main Street SW, Lakewood, WA 98499. (253) 589-2489
DEADLINE: Monday, June 16, 2008.