Take an opportunity to learn something new at the 2007 Community Lecture Series at the DuPont Pierce County Library at 1540 Wilmington Dr.
The series begins this fall on Sept. 19, running Wednesdays, 7-8 p.m., until Oct. 24.
- Craig Carlson from Posh Paw will kick off the lecture series on Sept. 19. Posh Paw is a DuPont pet shop. His discussion of pet nutrition will promote a healthy lifestyle for furry and scaled companions alike.
- Sept. 26, Helen Wada, owner of Anytime Fitness DuPont, will lecture on nutrition and fitness, offering pointers to help people maintain healthy physical condition.
- DuPont Historical Museum Manager Johanna Jones will share a piece of DuPont history on Wednesday, Oct. 3. Her presentation will include an archeological display of antique bottles uncovered in the city.
- Oct. 10, Mike Davis from Edward Jones will offer tips on financial planning.
- Dr. Deborah Kloby, DC, a chiropractor from Federal Way, will lecture on managing life stressors on Oct. 17.
- Dr. Steven Shaffer will conclude the Community Lecture Series with a discussion on eye health on Oct. 24. Looking after the eye sustains healthy vision and sharpness, and he’ll share how.
Friends of the DuPont Library are sponsoring the Community Lecture Series.