Harborstone Credit Union has broken ground for its new corporate headquarters. The facility will be located on Gravelly Lake Dr. SW in Lakewood on property recently acquired that adjoins its current Lakewood branch.
The three-story structure will have 27,000 square feet and will consolidate some of the activities from three other locations. The present branch facility will remain serving the credit union members. Corporate officers and some of the credit union “backroom” operations will move into the new facility.
This artists rendering shows the front of the building.
The new building will go up on the site of a 2-story blue building that was razed earlier this month. It will have access from Gravelly Lake Dr as well as Lake Grove SW.
The Casey Group Architects designed the building and Jerry Litwin is the project architect. Korsmo Construction of Lakewood is the prime contractor on the nearly $6 million structure.
Current construction plans call for the building to open in the spring, 2008.
Harborstone Credit Union is a Washington state chartered financial cooperative that’s been serving members since 1956. Membership in the credit union is nearly 50,000 and total assets are over $550 million.
The financial institution began as McChord Credit Union on McChord Air Force Base. With changes in regulations, Harborstone now can serve residents that live, work or worship in the state of Washington, McChord Air Force Base personnel, as well as all retired military.